Friday, October 5, 2007

A big day, a big update


I had my first visit today with the plastic surgeon and Carinsa Gaston (Oncology program director) at Plano Presby. I received many products to assist me in my journey with Breast Cancer. I signed up for Nov. 17th for the "Look Good, Feel great" program. This program will actually give me a huge 'free kit' that will contain tons of donated makeup from Estee Lauder, Clinique and many other cosmetic companies. And, there will be make-up artists present to help us learn to apply eye brows, eye lashes, etc.

As of today, my double mastectomy surgery is scheduled for Oct. 16th.

And then the chemo will start approximately 3 weeks post surgery - every 21 days for approx. 5-6mths.


I've been told to expect to lose my hair around this time.

I'll be updating my blog weekly...please check out my journey whenever you feel like it.

Hugs, Wanda

The following pics are of Luke (my special needs baby) that I take care of and he's one loved little boy. One in 2 million. (literally) He wanted to touch my new hat and we put it on him.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wanda..I found your blog through Andrea. I know how much you mean to Luke and his parents.....and I can see how much you love them. You are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I will be checking in on you often.

EO said...

Hey Wanda! I can't believe I have never actually met you in person. I guess it is because I am usually visiting during the "non-nursing" days. I hope to meet you eventually! I know what a HUGE BLESSING you are to Luke and the Hughes. Looking forward to checking your blog. I will be praying for you in this journey.

Glo said...

Wanda,

I came to your blog via Andrea's blog. I do not know Andrea either, but was sent to her blog via another friend.

I am writing to ask you a favor. In just a few weeks I will be participating in the Breast Cancer 3-day here in Dallas. I was wondering if I could wear your name on my "why I walk" t-shirt along with the names of the many other women I have come in contact with who are battling breast cancer.

If this would be ok would you please respond to this comment.

Thanks,
Gloria

The Waters Family said...

Wanda,
Love your pictures-- beautiful smile you have. Can't wait to check on you daily. Please know you are in my heart and prayers. God bless you. You are an inspiration and example of courage and love.

Trish ~CnJ's Mommy~ said...

I'm another follower of the Great Luke :)

We'll be praying for you here in South Carolina. And i'm sure accross the usa! Keep strong.

Wanda Bishop said...

Glo, this is Andrea and I just know Wanda will be thrilled and honored to allow you to walk with her name. Please email me direct and I'll send you her direct phone line:
andreas7@cebridge.net
Many, many thanks Glo. I just know Wanda will be so warmed by this generous and so very kind offer. Big huge hugs

Patyrish said...

Hi Wanda. I have been following Lukester's blog for a while and was glad to see that you are starting your blog to tell your story. I will be following along. Love the pics of you and Luke.

Thinking and praying for you.

Lisa's Allen's world said...

Hi Wanda!! I just found your page!! I love it. I will be here for you during this fight...it looks like you have alot of people in your corner, pulling, walking, and praying for you.Love you Wanda...see you soon.

Lori said...

Hi Wanda,
You are in my prayers!
In Christian love,
Lori (Andrea's neighbor)